Friday, April 17, 2009

Past Continuous

At times I feel that of my several blogs, this is the one that ends up languishing on the vine. But in the past couple of weeks I've had several great ideas for topics. Great, because none of them involve a whole lot of work on my part!

I've been following Sucharita Sarkar's constantly thought-provoking blog Past Continuous for awhile now, though it is in some ways the opposite of this one--it's all about memory. But her latest post brings the two themes together: Her question to us all is "Do you remember when you first forgot something?" You can answer her question here.

Or I suppose I should say, you can try to. Remembering about forgetting is, I find, a slippery proposition.

6 comments:

  1. Seana,

    I'm so flattered. I follow your word-blog religiously, but I am guilty of not doing so on your other blogs, although they all have such inviting names. The only excuse I can give is that I work on a very slow internet connection (dial-up dinosaur)...but I do like whatever you write and read them whenever I find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.: I just read the last post, and I can identify completely with your 'ruefulness' at remembering names, esp of characters in books. Coincidentally, I am now reading P D James' THE LIGHTHOUSE, where, as you say, the names of the suspects are confusing me, although there are but only a few characters in Coombe Island, where the book is set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no guilt involved. I don't know why it turned out that I decided to multi-blog--I think it was largely because I wanted to have more focus to my posts. But I certainly don't expect anyone to keep up with all of them-- Including even myself.

    Thanks for dropping by here, though. I'm on dial-up too and sympathize with slow connections!

    I did read The Lighthouse, but as you may by now suspect, the plot and characters are long forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here’s a a clip you and Sucharita both might like.

    ==============
    Detectives Beyond Borders
    “Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home”
    http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Peter, it is very apt. Of course, Sucharita and I are both on wretched dialup, so she may get back to you in about three weeks...if she doesn't forget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title is the main thing. I've always loved it, thought it almost Seussian.
    ==============
    Detectives Beyond Borders
    "Because Murder Is More Fun Away From Home"
    http://www.detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete